80 gallon ideas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angylay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone.

I recently have a big disaster on my 80 gallon aquarium. Basically all water came out overnight and all my fish died :(

My father is repairing it and I'm thinking about what to put next in it. I had five angel fish, a bunch of cardinal tetras and some panda corydoras before the disaster, and I want to change a little.

The first impulse I have is to put a big oscar in there. But I think it might get boring after a while to only have one fish. So another idea I have is to go with a lot of very small fish. Maybe like this:

-40 Ember tetra.
-30 Cardinal tetra.
-30 Rasbora galaxy.
-Some shrimps and snails as cleaning crew.

What I don't now is if the big variaty of fish will make it look messy and maybe it's a better idea to just make something like 100 Cardinal tetras.

So, what do you think? I accept other suggestions too. Thanks.

A couple or 3 big schools would look really cool in there. Also rummy nose and lamp eye tetras school really well in a big solid moving mass. If you wanted a centerpiece you could go with a gourami, another angel , a ram or an apistograma

Yeah. I have a few fire tetra in a 20 gallon. I am not sure about the bigger centerpiece fish though. If I put any in there, I can't have any small shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom