80 gallon planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I am wondering what plants I can have that will do good in gravel I am really not sure what type of lights I have but they costed me about 300 $ 1 is blue 1 is white and they are about 4' long

ryan-peddle said:
Ok so I am wondering what plants I can have that will do good in gravel I am really not sure what type of lights I have but they costed me about 300 $ 1 is blue 1 is white and they are about 4' long

Most plants will be fine with regular gravel. Although you might need to put root tabs in the gravel to compensate for the gravel not having any nutrients for the plants. The blue light n your fixture doesn't benefit plants at all. It would be easier to help you with plant choices if we know how big your tank is, how many watts is your light, is it t5, t8, t12 PC, etc... what is the color spectrum?

I missed the title... You have an 80g tank. We still need to know what kind of lighting you have...

I would say that you have low-light now. I would consider replacing the actinic(blue) bulb with another white light. I like 10,000K because of the white light it produces. If you upgrade and change the blue bulb, you'll have low-mid to medium light and will have more plant choices.

Last edited:
Ok let's say I get the best bulbs I can buy for this fixture what would they be so I know what I am looking for and a general price would be great too thanks

Do you know the color spectrum of the white bulb you have now? It should say on the bulb. Is it life glo? I just bought a new bulb a couple of weeks ago for less than $30, tax included. 6,700-10,000K bulbs.

Last edited:
ryan-peddle said:
1 6700
1 18000 wow lol

only took a month to reply lol

It's ok us Canadians are busy shoveling snow and building igloos. :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom