800 gallon L - Shape Custom Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you guys think about stacking the rock against the back glass?

With a few little islands here and there

Dude, this tank is amzaing. I know it is a ton of work but what fun. I like your last idea. Stack the rock against the back glass. That will make it look like there ia a lot more, will give you lots of places for corals and help to hide the back. Then, you will also have more visable sand bed in front which gives you room for clams, etc.....

I didn't read this whole thread so I am assuming you are going reef with it. I know I would be. :)

On vacation in El salvador this week. Tank should be done cycling by now, so fish will be in very shortly.

on a side note , if any ray keepers get stung, the best thing to do is heat the area for 60-90 minutes ( as hot as you can handle ).it neutralizes the venom.

Found that out today after I stepped on one while surfing today.The pain is exquisite, the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Its intense and pounding at the site then travels up your leg as time goes on. After getting two needles of anti biotic and anti inflammatory and getting the wound cleaned out the pain had not decreased at all. When o got to my room i Looked online and found the hot water thing. What a savior !!!

thought I would share that with you guys just incase you ever end up on the wrong end of the stingray barb

audifusion said:
On vacation in El salvador this week. Tank should be done cycling by now, so fish will be in very shortly.

on a side note , if any ray keepers get stung, the best thing to do is heat the area for 60-90 minutes ( as hot as you can handle ).it neutralizes the venom.

Found that out today after I stepped on one while surfing today.The pain is exquisite, the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Its intense and pounding at the site then travels up your leg as time goes on. After getting two needles of anti biotic and anti inflammatory and getting the wound cleaned out the pain had not decreased at all. When o got to my room i Looked online and found the hot water thing. What a savior !!!

thought I would share that with you guys just incase you ever end up on the wrong end of the stingray barb

Does this mean you want a ray for your tank?? Lol sorry to hear that :( but i am looking forward to your fish!

audifusion said:

Be glad it wasn't a stone fish.

I'm certainly sorry to hear you were stung, and I'm glad your ok. That being said... Dude you can't just show everyone a beast of a tank like that and then leave us hanging this long. Seriously man , this isn't a regular social website where you post a status update about how boring your day was... This is a commitment.

Your build is what we all fantasize (and in most cases obsess) about. So you have a legal responsibility to not leave us hanging without an update for more than 48 hours at a time. When you dwarf a 125g reef like mine, I NEED pictures and updates constantly.

So please, get up to speed on this or I'm going to have to suggest that we vote you off the island. Lol

PLEASE, hook us up! Lol

-jealous

Yeah I would stack the rock on the back piece of glass and some on the bottom coming out. Makes it look awesome. Heres my micro tank compared to yours but will give you a idea for rock.

img_1836452_0_64ce620ab9e3a635ef708ba113bea914.jpg

I'm certainly sorry to hear you were stung, and I'm glad your ok. That being said... Dude you can't just show everyone a beast of a tank like that and then leave us hanging this long. Seriously man , this isn't a regular social website where you post a status update about how boring your day was... This is a commitment.

Your build is what we all fantasize (and in most cases obsess) about. So you have a legal responsibility to not leave us hanging without an update for more than 48 hours at a time. When you dwarf a 125g reef like mine, I NEED pictures and updates constantly.

So please, get up to speed on this or I'm going to have to suggest that we vote you off the island. Lol

PLEASE, hook us up! Lol

-jealous

LOL Good stuff!

that heat treatment works on bee stings too.

Hope you can some what enjoy the rest of your vacation. It sucks when stuff like that happens at the beginning of the vacation.

rdnelson99 said:
Dude, this tank is amzaing. I know it is a ton of work but what fun. I like your last idea. Stack the rock against the back glass. That will make it look like there ia a lot more, will give you lots of places for corals and help to hide the back. Then, you will also have more visable sand bed in front which gives you room for clams, etc.....

I didn't read this whole thread so I am assuming you are going reef with it. I know I would be. :)

Plus the fish won't be swimming behind the rocks where people can't see them. They'll have to stay out in front. :)

ok ok, still waiting on my lights to show up!!

Ordered 16000 k LEDs ( 10 lights x 50w)

A few 20000k LEDs ( 6 lights x 20w)

And a few lower kelvin rating for experimentation.

Saw a few little critters moving in the sand bed today.

aquascaping is pretty much done, just a few minor changes

As far as completion goes, just have to set up my lights

This is just amazing.

For aquascaping, from the research I've done, you want to minimize the amount of deadspace in your tank. so if you have a rock with a large surface area, you really don't just want to lay that on the sand. This can cause algae problems among other issues. Basically you want to build as many tunnels and caves as possible.

And someone else already mentioned to make sure the rocks are secure using whatever you can. This is should be a concern if you're getting fish/critters that might dig up the sand around them.

Also I need to move to Canada, not only do you have free health care, but you also have amazing aquariums in your clinics!

Good luck with the tank and your business! I'll be tagging along

not only that, our unemployment rate isn't nearly as low, but our cost of living is higher.

still a good place to live though

No thanks to Alberta though huh, lol jk. Things in Canada are pretty good especially out here in Alberta, we have been fairly stable for the last couple years with a little growth. Your tank is looking awesome, I have been wanting another salt tank ever since I stupidly sold mine and talking with a buddy at work about his 75g reef really has me itching. Keep up the awesome work dude. Oh and hope the sting is healing up nicely, rough deal especially on vacation.

Whoa that is an amazing tank!! Can't wait to see completed pics of it!!

will take some updated pics !

Been short on time lately, from dealing with my stingray stung foot getting infected, tough to find a doc who knows anything about marine infections.

going to the lfs today to look at a banded bamboo shark, just hatched last week.

still waiting on my lights... Apparently some major delays on stuff from Asia lately.

Will keep you guys posted !

Back
Top Bottom