800 gallon L - Shape Custom Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my bamboo shark, he' s getting big about a foot now.

I thought he was sizing up one of the hermit crabs to eat him so I took a quick pic.

The lighting system should be in soon.

Ordered the Neptune apex aquacontroller, can't wait to get it!

Attachments

• image-4274645567.jpg
    image-4274645567.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 636
  • image-2060309046.jpg
    image-2060309046.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 649
The Apex is just phenomenal. I just finished setting up my tank. Still tweaking programming for in tank pumps. There is a bit of a learning curve for the code. I hope you have a iPhone too. Makes controlling and monitoring so much easier. It is harder to turn equipment on and off with apex display. iPhone much easier. Or ipod touch would work too

Ya I'm looking forward to it.

Do you know If you can integrate an underwater camera or two into it ?

I have an iPhone so I'll be using that interface primarily.

Are you just using whatever power heads you had before for the wave making?

tarpon said:
Youre tank is a masterpiece...this is the scale fishkeeping was meant to be done on

It's the scale we all wish we could work on. I would love a tank half this size but after all the money I've put into my 55g my wife would kill me Maybe one day if I win the lotto

audifusion said:
Ya I'm looking forward to it.

Do you know If you can integrate an underwater camera or two into it ?

I have an iPhone so I'll be using that interface primarily.

Are you just using whatever power heads you had before for the wave making?

I am using my existing korailia pumps. Not controllable. Just on/off alternating. Not to impressed. May just leave all on like usually. I have 4 total. I really want vortechs. They by far best wave making pumps IMO. TunZe I hear good too.

What type of camera? Wifi camera? How does it connect?

Some updated pics.

My bamboo is growing well. He loves squid. He comes out of his hiding spot as soon as I drop some squid juice in.

Picked up 6 sea urchins today, and some more hermit crabs. the urchins are pretty cool, never knew how mobile they were, those guys really move around the tank.

Attachments

• image-1179906785.jpg
    image-1179906785.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 876
  • image-3158321653.jpg
    image-3158321653.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 839
  • image-4223723701.jpg
    image-4223723701.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 810
Maxkolbe said:
I may have said this already but I love that shark. AWESOME SETUP! :D

I love that shark too.

he's like a little dog when I drop in a bit of squid, he comes right up to the surface in search of food.

they other fish are becoming more comfortable in the tank too, they follow you when you walk around the tank.

The naso tangs are much lighter in colour now too, same with the foxface. I could swear they recognize me.

audifusion said:
I love that shark too.

he's like a little dog when I drop in a bit of squid, he comes right up to the surface in search of food.

they other fish are becoming more comfortable in the tank too, they follow you when you walk around the tank.

The naso tangs are much lighter in colour now too, same with the foxface. I could swear they recognize me.

Can we get a stock list of what's all in there?

ryan-peddle said:
Can we get a stock list of what's all in there?

Naso tang x 2
Blue tang
Yellow tang
Foxface
3 oscellaris clowns
1 banded bamboo
10 hermit crabs
6 sea urchins

I've been looking around to add more fish. Seemed like all the lfs's lately are trying to sell beat up and diseased fish.

I want to get a bunch more yellow tangs, those guys are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom