8g Fluval Flora Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're gonna have a lot of fun once you make the sand path, with all the shrimp and cories... ;)

I think so too, I'm anxious to get started! I'm a little hacked I placed my order last Tuesday, paid for 2 day air shipping, and have already been billed for my ADA stuff and they haven't shipped it yet so it won't come for a couple more days. Well, at least I have some other stuff coming that will be here tomorrow, I've already double checked with the carriers haha. I couldn't find any of those cutting boards that weren't pink purple or orange but I found some clear plastic that should work the same, I've already picked up the sand for the path too. Everyone is still doing good and I added some rocks. The plants seem to be melting/wilting though, not sure if its something wrong or if they're just changing to their submersed form

Attachments

• image-1838740467.jpg
    image-1838740467.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 65
  • image-2838687897.jpg
    image-2838687897.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 72
  • image-1341532291.jpg
    image-1341532291.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 79
Where did you order it from? I've ordered from ADG before and it took about a week for them to finally ship. I've also ordered straight from the ADA website and it shipped right away.

Where did you order it from? I've ordered from ADG before and it took about a week for them to finally ship. I've also ordered straight from the ADA website and it shipped right away.

I ordered from ADG, I called him today and he told me that the items I ordered were out of stock(they showed as in stock when I purchased it) but that he just happened to get a shipment in last night and that they'd be in Dallas tomorrow, I don't know if they'll get delivered until Wednesday though, oh well it's worth the wait and I got a few packages in the mail today to hold me over!

First box, its a biggun!

image-1364752850.jpg

Whoops, that's for my 75 gallon haha

Next one, a small envelope!

image-2060985671.jpg

Pretty neat, my first piece of glass

Now the fancy used brake pad box haha

image-576863477.jpg

Haha I forgot I ordered two of these, I think I did that because I though I might accidentally break one, I must have subconsciously planned ahead.

All in all its a pretty good day! Now time to play around with the glass and my tank!

Edit: my first go at inserting lines in between pictures from my phone was an awful fail haha, forgive me

Attachments

• image-3407711787.jpg
    image-3407711787.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 57
  • image-2641955394.jpg
    image-2641955394.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 51
  • image-1977730902.jpg
    image-1977730902.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 57
  • image-1768967821.jpg
    image-1768967821.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1145856005.jpg
    image-1145856005.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 55
  • image-144512588.jpg
    image-144512588.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 62
Didn't realize you could insert lines on a phone

It's a little confusing, I guess it's a trial and error thing. If you have an iPhone click the little plus thing and upload a picture like you would any other post, then once its done uploading click the picture and it should give two options: delete, and insert line. Haha let me know if you figure it out!

It's a little confusing, I guess it's a trial and error thing. If you have an iPhone click the little plus thing and upload a picture like you would any other post, then once its done uploading click the picture and it should give two options: delete, and insert line. Haha let me know if you figure it out!

image-2783723923.jpg

Well now that's great to know. Works the same on the iPad. This is my Fluval chi. I didn't like the light filter combo so put on a ac mini and started building my own led fixture. It te testing stage to see how te plants like the light. I think I might be in the market for a fixture. The colour temp isn't quite right.

Good stuff! It's always good to have a couple extra diffusers on hand, in case of accidents or while you're cleaning one, you have a spare on hand to swap out. I soak mine in bleach and hot water then rinse, air dry, rinse, and air dry again... :)

Well now that's great to know. Works the same on the iPad. This is my Fluval chi. I didn't like the light filter combo so put on a ac mini and started building my own led fixture. It te testing stage to see how te plants like the light. I think I might be in the market for a fixture. The colour temp isn't quite right.

Pretty cool, I almost bought the fluval chi with the idea that I'd DIY a better light, but didn't want to mess anything up haha. Tank looks good!

Good stuff! It's always good to have a couple extra diffusers on hand, in case of accidents or while you're cleaning one, you have a spare on hand to swap out. I soak mine in bleach and hot water then rinse, air dry, rinse, and air dry again... :)

That's great to know! A little hint of what to come from ADA, I bought their glass cleaning liquid, I don't know if its anything special but it was cheap enough so I figured it would be worth a shot. I won't buy it twice though now that I know what you do. I have three glass diffusers now and a couple on the way haha. eBay cheapies are awesome, whatever I don't use or keep for spares I'll put on my 20g

Pretty cool, I almost bought the fluval chi with the idea that I'd DIY a better light, but didn't want to mess anything up haha. Tank looks good!

Lol. I didn't realize the app doesn't orient the pic right. Thanks. I just got a Fluval Spec and trying to decide on what to do with it.

Got another box today! This one is heavy

Attachments

• image-2572102232.jpg
    image-2572102232.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 70
Nice!! More pics coming? :)

Haha the box picture was me trying to judge people's interest haha. Here's another teaser pic! I'm on my way to pick up dinner so I didn't get to take a pick of the other item so it'll be just a little bit longer

Attachments

• image-3878560661.jpg
    image-3878560661.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 66
Oh nice!! I got some trimming tools and tweezers from GLA! I LOVE THEM!! I also got my ferts and dosing bottles from them.

I have the curved tweezers already, but I wanted straight tweezers and these were 2.50 each plus shipping so I couldn't pass them up and I bought two. My ADA box still hasn't come in so I'll be making another phone call tomorrow morning :( ow well. Anyway, those new tweezers will sure come in handy when I'm planting in the second item of the box!

Attachments

• image-611692406.jpg
    image-611692406.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 65
I have the curved tweezers already, but I wanted straight tweezers and these were 2.50 each plus shipping so I couldn't pass them up and I bought two. My ADA box still hasn't come in so I'll be making another phone call tomorrow morning :( ow well. Anyway, those new tweezers will sure come in handy when I'm planting in the second item of the box!

Oh!! VERY NICE!!! :)

Haha I'm pretty excited, I think I've said this before but I've never had anything super fancy or specially designed for anything, but this tank, I have a vision, a goal, and I'm sparing no expense(sort of) even if it takes a little longer. Now, if I can only get the rest of my ADA order I can get started haha

Back
Top Bottom