A 3 ft long fire eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrianNY

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just for anyone interested. This fish is housed with tetras, rasboras, geophagus, and some huge plecos. The tank is 240 gallons. Dutch style planted. No it isn't mine.

Here's my friend Charley hand feeding his monster. :D

Yikes! That's a pretty cool setup he has there - thanks for posting, and thinking to bring your camera along :D

Frozen shrimp :D

I wish I had taken more pics because I think this is the coolest home tank I've ever seen. He has a pile of driftwood in the center of the tank positioned so the eel can hide away. Watching it meander its way through the maze of wood is quite a sight.

madasafish, I need to get you over there. I forgot to mention that he's a school of the most colorful bosemani rainbows in that tank as well. :wink:

Sounds like you've foung a whole host of places we need to visit upon our next LI trip. I'm thinking that waiting until summer is just pointless for some sort of meet-up (though that will, of course, be the first opportunity to use the pool), so we should think about doing something fairly soon.

I had one that was at least 2'. It was the only fish my non-fishy hubby complained about when I had to get rid of him. I really liked him a lot & he was very beautiful, but every morning I had to replant every plant in the tank! I don't see how your friend keeps live plants in with that eel!

Back
Top Bottom