A few of my bottom feeders / oddballs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy Smell

Aquarium Advice Freak
I love showing off my fish, so here's a few of my cats, plecos and Birchir.

The quality on the last pic isn't great, it's my L200 Green Phantom Pleco. The others are pretty obvious.

I've just posted pics of a load of my cichlids in one of the cichlid forums as well...

Attachments

• DSCF0254.jpg
    DSCF0254.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCF0245.jpg
    DSCF0245.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCF0177.jpg
    DSCF0177.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF0253.jpg
    DSCF0253.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 146
Bichir!!!!! Lemme guess, is he a Delhezi?

Yeah, about 5" long at the moment, will be in a much larger tank once he's a bit bigger. Not had him long, but i think he's great. Is it true that they take small fish though? Not had any problems so far and there's nothing that looks small enough to fit in his mouth but i have been caught out in the past with certain catfish so i'm a little cautious!

Yeah, about 5" long at the moment, will be in a much larger tank once he's a bit bigger. Not had him long, but i think he's great. Is it true that they take small fish though? Not had any problems so far and there's nothing that looks small enough to fit in his mouth but i have been caught out in the past with certain catfish so i'm a little cautious!

Well define "small". When they start getting older in life yes they will snag Neon Tetras and other fish of that size but Delhezi's are good about keeping to themselves, It's other Bichirs they aren't fond of. Your Snydontis(s) and Pleco will be fine even when he's full grown. I know the Green Phantoms and their size potential so I see no problem arising with them. The Syno's are for sure too big for his interest.
Delhezi is probably my favorite specie of Bichir and your lovely specimen is making me want to get one again!

Well define "small". When they start getting older in life yes they will snag Neon Tetras and other fish of that size but Delhezi's are good about keeping to themselves, It's other Bichirs they aren't fond of. Your Snydontis(s) and Pleco will be fine even when he's full grown. I know the Green Phantoms and their size potential so I see no problem arising with them. The Syno's are for sure too big for his interest.
Delhezi is probably my favorite specie of Bichir and your lovely specimen is making me want to get one again!

I have some 'beautiful' fish, some 'charismatic' fish and some that look great as a shoal, but the birchir definately falls into the 'fasinating' category. Very pleased with him. The smallest fish in there are some Bentosi tetras just over an inch but i would imagine their body shape would mean they would be safe. I'll try to get some better pics of it.
Many of the other fish you mention are in other tanks.

Back
Top Bottom