A Little Before and After

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RadMax8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone,

I've had a 29 gal tank up and running for about three years now. In the past four months, I've been visiting this site and learning so much about what I've been doing right and wrong. A month after I joined, I did a major rescape of my tank. Here's what it looked like:

About three months later, here it is:

Pretty stout turnaround, eh? So what's changed?

Well, for a long time I had a single T8 bulb in the hood, Penguin Biowheel filter, I was sporadically using liquid fertilizer and API root tabs. Now, I've got an AquaClear 50 filter, an Ecoxotic E-Series LED light, I've been using DIY root tabs (Mebbid tabs), and I'm dosing with Metricide. I'm very excited to see the continued growth of my plants (especially considering that all the sad plants in the first picture have regrown to be what you see in the second), and I'm also looking forward to seeing my fish become more comfortable in the tank.

Tell me what you think of my current setup!

Nice job there! Looks great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Brian,

I love the E-Series light. The sunrise and sunset feature are the best! I like being able to fiddle with the RGB LEDs too. Only downside for me is the price.

TacitBlues,

I saw that piece on eBay and had to have it. I think it fits perfectly in the tank and adds a lot of visual interest.

Fishperson,

I think once the left side of the tank fills out, it will be much better. There's two swords over there, as well as two cyperus helferi that I had to chop to the crowns (they were grown emersed and the leaves started to melt). I'd like to add a grassy foreground plant such as dwarf sag or star repens, but I'd need to create a barrier so they didn't take over. I need to leave some bottom space for my cories. Do you have any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom