A new way to feed fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itafx

Aquarium Advice Freak
My fry are now big enough to eat crushed flakes, but after I crush them between my fingers there are usually a few flakes that are still too big to eat and they drop to the bottom of the tank. :cry:

I just got the idea to drop them through my fish net instead of straight into the tank. This way the bigger crumbs are filtered out and don't reach the tank. :)

Koolness, but i have worked my way around that. This is what i do, first the just crunch them up with my fingers, then i put them in a plastic baggy, and crush them up with a spoon, then a knife, then, i put the crunched up flake, then put some DRY aquarium gravel in there and shake it up until your satisfied, the flake is so small after that, hen you stick your tip of your finger in it, it will cover the surface of a 30g tank.

Another good idea. One problem I have had with grinding it up ahead of time is perishability. I used to grind it up and leave it in a custard cup for daily use. I could have done better by putting it in a closed container, but in an open container, I got some caking, etc. With the net, it's a just-in-time scenario. I keep the net hanging over the open tank and drop a little crushed food through the net while I'm on my feeding rounds. With 11 tanks and multiple feedings per day, I have to worry a little about time efficiency.

Back
Top Bottom