A Proper Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhatUpGup

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well, good afternoon fish folk!
The name is Bri-- Brianne for long.
But I don't mind what you really call me.
WhatUpGup, WTG, Gup.. Doesn't matter!

Anywhoo..
I've had fish ever since I was a youngling.
But they were always "mom's fish", or at least it felt that way.
I really started getting into the hobby just a few months back after winning a goldfish at a carnival..
His name was Ronald.
He was a good fish.

..Until he jumped out of his tank one day while I was at school! D:

Since his death, I have added three guppies [two females, one male] and a platy whom I call Sheldon to my 20g hex. [I name all of my fish. Call me weird, call it useless.. I don't care!]

I plan on going to my LFS in about an hour or so..
Any ideas on what other fish I should add?
I'm going to be moving all my fish to my [almost] cycled 10g [sand] and selling the 20g on Craigslist to save up for an even bigger tank.

Can't wait to spend some more time on here!
Peace out.

Hey there!

I name all of my fish too! I can't imagine somebody getting a pet dog and not naming it!

It takes me awhile to name mine though. I have to figure out if they're a girl/boy, then figure out their personality first.

Have a good day! :)

i would get a bottom feeder like a cory cat, maybe two of them, and just wait until you get the bigger tank to add anything else

Hey there!

I name all of my fish too! I can't imagine somebody getting a pet dog and not naming it!

It takes me awhile to name mine though. I have to figure out if they're a girl/boy, then figure out their personality first.

Exactly my point!
And yes, I have to observe my new fish first before naming them as well[:
If you're curious, here are their names--
Irvette [meaning "friend of the sea"]
Eldoris [meaning just "of the sea"]
Nova [meaning "a cataclysmic stellar explosion"]

All three are guppies, and Irvette is pregnant, so I should have more soon!

And lastly, there's Sheldon the male painted platy. His name doesn't mean anything.. But he's a wee bit shy so it just sorta fit[: haha

Back
Top Bottom