a sponge of some kind maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiredfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
this has been getting bigger since i found it....i found it when a turbo snail knocked this rock over..kool but strange looking..like something out of alien...help me with the identity..thanx

Attachments

• white_growth.jpg
    white_growth.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 153
this is so annoying...how can anybody possibly see stuff when its this small..is there a way to make it to where you can make the pic bigger..that would be nice..and thanx i figured it was a sponge of some kind...what are they good for..whats their purpose..lol thanx

When I click on your picture, I get a larger one. Not much larger but, large enough for me to see the sponge, some hair algae and a small feather duster. Sponges are filter feeders so I guess that since they filter your water, that would be a benefit to your system. Other than that, they are just cool critters.

ok..yeah..hair alge ugh..hate that stuff...thanx for the info..i wonder how big or how large this sponge may spread...its cool to look at..but i think itll die in the light..its on the underside..i also have tons of this stuff elsewhere...thanxk for the quick replys...have a good one

I agree that it probably won't last long in the light. It's amazing what you'll find when you turn over the rocks. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom