ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishrex

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have you used ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia?, do you recommend it?

Where can I buy it online?, I'm interested on ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Powder and Regular.

You can call petsmart corporate. Often it is not advertised but they have it. You can tell them what you are looking for, and they can ship it directly from their warehouse. I did this last November and got 10 / 22 pound bags at that price. Check ebay as well. I will look for a link or number and get back to you.
D

I found it online at petsmart for $17.00 per bag with free delivery. D

I don't believe Petsmart carries genuine ADA Amazonia ! Only licensed resellers can get ADA stuff except for random stuff on EBAY.

Petsmart carries EcoComplete
And other plant tank substrates. They carry a SAND color called Amazon something I think, not ADA Amazonia.

Genuine Amazonia is very different from other stuff.

My mistake...I misunderstood what you were looking for. I have amazon soil in my tank but I got it from the Tampa Aquarium. Usually municipal aquariums get biotype substrate from a wholesaler. I will look into it for you. The Amazon soil comes in bricks. The soil is gathered, separated, placed into molds and baked. This removes stuff like twigs etc. The baking renders the soil sterile. This also removes 98 percent of the moisture, thus reducing the weight. When I got it, it came in sheets like ceramic tile. I placed several layers on the bottom of my tank and added water. It took about 3 days to dissolve. I had to add water several times as it was sucked up by the sheets. Finally I had a sticky clay in which I anchored my plant roots, and capped with Eco-complete. From there I filled the tank over 3 days until gull. I let the tank run for 6 weeks before adding any fish. It worked GREAT! I will see if I can contact the aquarium for suggestions. The aquarium ordered it and I was blessed to get some. This stuff is heavy, so if I can get it for you, it usually weighs about 180 pounds, so the shipping will be expensive.
D

Back
Top Bottom