Adding guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scotianocean

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all,
I have a 10g aquarium with 3 zebra danios and 3 cherry barbs... We are thinking about adding a few fancy guppies (maybe 3 or 4)... Any recommendations or advice?
TIA!:fish2:

Your Community Tank

Hey all,
I have a 10g aquarium with 3 zebra danios and 3 cherry barbs... We are thinking about adding a few fancy guppies (maybe 3 or 4)... Any recommendations or advice?
TIA!:fish2:

Hello scoti...

If I recall my research on Barbs, they can be fin nippers. Research this species before you get your Guppies. Male Guppies with their long fins could be a target if the Cherries are aggressive.

B

Hey, thank you for the response! So far my cherries are pretty peaceful... It's my male zebra that is the bully in this tank! He has killed 3 neon tetras and another zebra since we got him but he isn't bothering the cherries or other zebras as of yet... they all seem to be getting along so far... I have been doing research and apparently the cherries are more peaceful than others of their species such as the tiger barb so guppies make acceptable tank mates... I could be wrong, but any futher advice, recommendations, information or suggestions are welcome! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom