Adding mbuna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tampa

Aquarium Advice Regular
Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:02 pm Post subject: ADDING FISH One of my tanks is a 55 gallon tank. Fishwise it's pretty drab and I want to liven it up, appearance wise with additional fish.
The stones are slate with many hiding spots and I have sand at the bottom. Currently I have in the tank 2 Acei (approx 3-3 1/2 inches) 2 rustys and 2 Hongi (approx 2 1/2-3 inches) 2 hybrids (approx 3-3 1/2 inches ) and 1 red zebra (approx 2 1/2-3 inches).
When I was at the LFS today I saw some pearl zebras, some OB zebras and some Albino zebras, all of which were from 1 1/2-2 inches)
I thought these might add the color I needed for the tank.
Do you think they would survive.............

Thanks

They should be fine make sure you rearrange the rocks or decorations prior to adding them.

Keep an eye on things, with African Cichlids you normally over stock them, and have lots of filtration, to help keep aggression down. If you start seeing problems you might need to add more so the dominant fish can't pick on just one or two or three fish. Makes it harder for the dominant fish to go after one when there are 5-6-7 passing him/her by.

Back
Top Bottom