Additional filter advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toxicfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

Need some advice, i have a 100 gall 4ft "tall" tank that currently has a fluval 405 attached, but I would like to supplement this filter with another, due to the hood design I cannot fit a HOB, so would be looking for another canister filter.

I have nodded the current 405 output to a fluval spray bar, but am of two minds, get an eheim or perhaps another fluval (smaller?)

What would you all recommend?

I am a fan of the fluval basket setup, I want my second filter to be easy to access, so that I can easily change the setup to run carbon if required, phosguard etc if needed..

My current fluval has the following in the 4 media baskets - 2L of seachem matrix, the original supplied biomax (spread over 3 baskets) and the top basket contains polishing pads

I would ideally like the second filter to have mech filtration and more bio capacity, and spare space for adding additionals when required. I just feel the 405 is slightly underpowered in the mech filtration..

Any thoughts appreciated,

Scott.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

I would recommend another fluval. I have a 405 and a 305 on my 150g and couldn't be happier. I'd stay at least with the same brand so you can easily swap out media, parts, etc.

That was along my line of thinking. May i ask, do you have all the inlets at one end, and the outflows at the other? Or are they split up so that an inlet and an outflow live at each end of the tank?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom