advice on a new plant needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ztigris

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need one plant that is midground fairly compact that is taller then a dwarf sag. It will be in front of my cabomba and behind dwarf sag. Ideally about 4-5 inches in height and be able to fit in a 3-4" square area. Any ideas?

Something like a crypt that has a different leaf shape and color. Always choose a plant with either a different color and preferably a different leaf shape allowing all plant to compliment each other yet be visually different. You can use any other stem plant and keep it trimmed to the height you want. It's actually quite easy.

I was hoping to stay away from stems in that section. A different shape will be really good there. Maybe something with a slightly broader leaf. Will crypts stay on the smaller side? Any species in you would recommend?

Crypts depending on species stay a reasonable size IMO. You can cut off outer leaves or leaves that get too tall to keep it the size and shape you want. I would go with one of the Crypt Wendtii in Red or Bronze to give both a different color green (very dark) with non-green color under the leaves.

Thank you!! I didn't think the wend. Would stay small enough. The bronze would be a perfect addition in that spot. Once again Rivercats you have the perfect suggestion! :)

I just came in from trimming in my tank and the main target was my Crypt Wendtii Bronze! It's growing out of it's area so out came the sissors. It really is so easy to keep them trimmed.

Back
Top Bottom