Aggressive Molly behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sublimer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I bought some feelers for my 20gal long tank which I'm converting to freshwater. It's one red wag molly (sex tbd), one mostly black Dalmatian molly (the biggest and a female) and one beautiful light orange balloon molly (male). They all like the tank and everything but I've noticed that the red wag gets chased by the other 2. Is this normal behavior or should I add another red wag or 2? The Dalmatian is the primary instigator so the balloon just plays along I guess

So I bought some feelers for my 20gal long tank which I'm converting to freshwater. It's one red wag molly (sex tbd), one mostly black Dalmatian molly (the biggest and a female) and one beautiful light orange balloon molly (male). They all like the tank and everything but I've noticed that the red wag gets chased by the other 2. Is this normal behavior or should I add another red wag or 2? The Dalmatian is the primary instigator so the balloon just plays along I guess
Are you positive of the sexes? male to female "aggression" can be fairly common, thats why the recomended ratio of m to f in livebearers is 1m:2f or 1m:3f. If it really is a female chasing a male then im really not sure why the would be doing it, a 20 long should be plenty of space for them.

Back
Top Bottom