Aggressvie red tail shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottw68TN

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This sounds odd but I have a red tail that absolutely hates 1! fish. A poor little ram. I have 3 but it hunts down just the one, even passing by the other rams til it finds it. Im thinking the stress is going to kill it.

Not surprising, red tails are aggressive particularly to bottom dwellers like rams. How big is your tank?

55with 6 bottom dwellers (3 rams 3 corys). He leaves 5 of them alone just goes for the one. Also have a few mollys a few gouramis. im wondering if he will just pick another one after he chases this one to death. Its pretty funny he swims up to the other 2 rams looks them over to determines they arent the one then moves along till he finds him.

This sounds odd but I have a red tail that absolutely hates 1! fish. A poor little ram. I have 3 but it hunts down just the one, even passing by the other rams til it finds it. Im thinking the stress is going to kill it.

Yep ... sounds about right for a RTS. Very territorially aggressive and relentless when it's got a victim in mind. Not unusual for it to pick on one fish, or one type. My RTS only chased my TigerBarbs at first ... despite other barbs in the tank. Then about a year later it started chasing my BlackRuby Barbs as well. Soooo ... it may just be a matter of time before the others feel its wrath.

Back
Top Bottom