Agressive Clarkii Clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinda

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I have a clarkii clown and a yellow tail damsel. The clarkii is the bully of the tank. Whenever the yellow tail goes to eat the clarkii knocks him around and stops him. I am not even certain if the damsel is eating. Is there anything I can do?

I tried that but the yellow tail is so spooked he stays in a rock really close to the clown. I am wondering if I should introduce a trigger to help equate things.

I wouldn't do that. Turn off the lights and move some rocks areound and hopefully they will establish new territories.

roka64 said:
I wouldn't do that. Turn off the lights and move some rocks areound and hopefully they will establish new territories.
I will try this.

I agree that I would not get a trigger to equalize things. All you`ll have then is a chain of bullies. Try moving the rock around as Scott said.

A friend of mine is in the exact same situation as you with his Clarkie. Nothing he has tried has worked for him so he's presently trying to catch him for relocation. He's got a better chance of being struck by lightning than catching the Clarkie...lol
He's tried for over two weeks and the Clarkie outsmarts him everytime.

Have him leave the net in the water, so the fish gets used to it. Add food and then snatch, he should be able to catch the fish (hopefully).

Ok, that's a good sign. Did you move areound some rock?

2frosty4u said:
He's got a better chance of being struck by lightning than catching the Clarkie
Ha, yeah it can be tricky and trying. Pinda, if you need to remove one of the fish there are a couple of tricks and techniques. If your interested let us know :wink:

I was planning on moving them around this weekend but today I saw the clarkii rush at the damsel but instead of running he came right back.

Back
Top Bottom