Agressive female swordfish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond57

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We have a pair of swordfish, and the female one has started pecking at the yellow apple snails (although they are about twice the size of her). She will keep at them until they fall to the ground and then sometimes continues there at them. Could she damage the snails? How can we stop her pecking at them?

We have a pair of swordfish, and the female one has started pecking at the yellow apple snails (although they are about twice the size of her). She will keep at them until they fall to the ground and then sometimes continues there at them. Could she damage the snails? How can we stop her pecking at them?

We have guppies that do that, the snails have lost the odd antenna but they grow back, no serious harm will come to them. They usualy let go of the side and fall to protect themselves (they shut their trap door)

Hey Diamond,

I wouldn't stress out to much over it, they are just snails and swords. The swords won't do anything to actually hurt them. Some fish do eat snails though, I know my convict cichlids love snails haha.

Back
Top Bottom