Agressive Puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tetradon schoutedeni is a strictly FW puffer. The T nigroviridis is the GSP. T biocellatus can be acclimated to SW, but do best in low-end BW, 1.005-8.

There have been several occassions where customers would bring in their puffers to us fully acclimated to saltwater SG of 1.023. We'd have no choice but to place them in a saltwater aquarium.

If they are truly BW puffers, it would be best to slowly acclimate them back to BW. GSPs actually prefer SW as adults.

After I introduced the plant snails I see small airbubbles on the top surface of the water. Also the snails hang on to the surface a lot. Are these air bubbles created by the snails ?.

One of the plant snail with a long shell went inside the gravel and never came out. I filtered the gravel and found it is still alive and left on the gravel surface. Again it went back into the gravel not to be seen. Just curious , what is it doing.. Is it laying eggs ????/

That is a Malaysian trumpet snail. It's shell is too hare for puffers to crack. they live in the substrate & are beneficial for turning it over.

It looks like my aggressive puffer is still attacking. This time all the fish including the other puffer. Is puffer attacking the other puffer ok. These puffers are small < 1 inch.

After I introduced the plant snails, today morning I noticed that there is a strange looking object sticking to my tank walls and some on plants. It looks like gel with some dots. the gel is tranparent. Are these eggs of snail or some thing which is going to harm my tank.. let me know.

Yes 1 puffer can kill another puffer. 2 male DPs will probably fight to the death.

Sounds like snail eggs.

Back
Top Bottom