Aiptasia during cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggpaul

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my biocube 29 is in the 5th day of it's cycle, and I noticed an aiptasia. It grew bigger after a few days and yesterday I purchased Aiptasia RX. When I tried to kill it the little guy retracted but I could still see it, so I just went ahead and covered it with a glob of the RX.

Question- Should I leave it there? Or should I wipe it off the live rock after a few days? It looks ugly that way.

Also, this morning I noticed a few inches away an aiptasia baby!. I'll cover it with RX today when I get home!

If you're able to pull out the rock that it's attached to, a much easier solution is a blowtorch....... Just remember to wear safety glasses in case the porous rock decides to pop.

If you're able to pull out the rock that it's attached to, a much easier solution is a blowtorch....... Just remember to wear safety glasses in case the porous rock decides to pop.

Good idea. Aiptasia can't crawl through the rock right?? The only way out right now is through the mountain of RX I laid on top of it!

Back
Top Bottom