Air pockets in Gravel!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Too hot to remove them now, Bud simply revolts when it is not on. The other tank is not so bad, the fish don't seem to mind but if the temeperature gets way too high for some reason my fish would not be happy right now. Will turn it off when it cools down in a couple days.

Well the amount of gas is worse but the smell is negligable, almost a stale smell and not rotten egg smell. Now both tanks have it. What could be causing this? Where the plants are, there is no gas from the substrate, where there are no plants, right in the middle of the tanks, there is the gas. I got the MTS and they have dissapeared into the substrate, most of them anyway. The larger ones seem to be happy on top during the day and even climb to the top. Could it just be air pockets from saturated O2 in the tanks?

I was also looking at the bottle of Aquasafe and was wondering. Sodium hydroxymethane sulfinate, polyvinyl pyrollidones, organic hydrocolloids, organic chelating compounds. Chelate, could that precipitate with a dose of micros? Could anything be coming out of this solution that could cause this? I dose 1 tsp to treat 10 gallons but i am only changing 5 gallons, could I be adding too much?

Could it be nothing more than the hotter weather causing this?

I'm using Eco in my 75G, and anytime I'm doing replanting, I get bubble pockets come up. It happens all the time for me. I can churn the Eco around, and then do some replanting the next day and it bubbles more. I think it's probably due to O2 saturation, or possibly CO2 saturation, as my CO2 levels are 50ppm+.

I hope so, you have never seen your fish acting weird from it and never had your MTS release it during the day? Just odd but then again it is unerving to see things like that in a tank.

Nope. All my fish are as healthy as can be, and don't see anything unusual going on, other than possibly needing a bigger tank for my small 9 inch pleco, lol. He's thrashing my plants, lol.

Back
Top Bottom