Air stone in a 20g planted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishingBuds

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have the airpump, I need the airstone, I want to know if turning on at night would be good, and how many bubble per second should I release without the airstone?

Puictures:
my aquarium
The air pump
The water surface movement Image%20(14).jpgImage%20(15).jpgImage%20(16).jpg

I would do it during the day, because that’s when plants feed (photosynthesis).At night obviously they do little to no feeding because there’s no light. And just set the air stone to an adequate amount of bubbles so that you start to see them floating around the tank. Obviously if anyone else wants to comment and help out or point out if what I said was wrong feel free! Otherwise best of luck my friend and fish on!

But during the day will be CO2 injections, so the oxygenation of the water will make the Co2 goes faster to the atmosphere and plants wont use it. Thats my theory...idk

I run that same pump at night from three hours after my lights go off, to three before they come back on. It's more for the fishies than the plants as I run my co2 pretty high. Never had any issues, but I'd run it at night if your pumping in co2. Plants produce Oxygen during photosynthesis so , IMO, it's much better to run it at night.

Ok, thanks for sharing your thoughts and techniques. I'm using during the whole night, since I'm using a timer should i regulate that?

Back
Top Bottom