airstone benefits??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One big question is what kind of fish do you have? Certain fish are fine without an airstone and just a filter. However some need more oxygen and therefore an airstone or powerhead.

Well I have a 55 gallon with three blood parrots... I am keeping my air pump going...(never taking it out) And I even got a battery back as well... Just in case of a power outage... I advice everyone to get one....I was going to put a picture up of my battery back up but my pic is not loading.... I did however post the pic on my thread titled, how to prepare( reffering to a power outage).... You can see the pic there...

Ok I know nothing about cichlids really but with only 3 I imagine you could do without if you wanted but ypou could also just get a better quieter air pump.

I know this might be an out of box idea...but Ive had my bubble wall & pump on a 7-day timer for about 10 years. Be sure to use a anti-flowback valve (about $3). It comes on at 8am and goes off at 9pm. That way it doesnt bug me at night when I sleep, because although the pump isnt loud the humming will keep me awake (light sleeper).

So yeah, try a timer.

dudeofrude said:
Can anyone suggest a good quiet airpump??

I say good luck. They all make noise. Some more then others. There was a thread here about how to quiet them down. I'm just use to mine. A Rena 300 it has a hum to it but... It is what it is, for me anyway. It's not over powering or anything.

My Azoo 9500 is quieter than the bubbles it creates. It is 18" from my bed, can't hear it at all.

I have Rena Air Pumps because they are quiet, you can't even hear it. check it out. The others I've tried I ended up throwing them out, Rena is the best. Good Luck hope this helps

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm getting used to it now but i still have it on really low so its quieter.

Back
Top Bottom