Albino Cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeadlyNightmare

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. A Last week, I decided to get two Cory, and add them to my ten gallon tank.

We went to the store, and got them, but had to bring one back, because it didn't have any fines, to my shock, the Cory were getting bullied by the other fish in the tank it shared.

They gave me a new cory, and this one seemed to be fine.

Well now, one of the two cory, had been just sitting at the bottom of the tank, while the other swims around 24/7
{I have never had cory before I don't know if lounging is normal or note.}

I have a ten Gallon tank with a Betta {Raphael}, a Albino Bristlenose Pleco {Michelangelo,} and the two cory, Donatello and Leonardo.

I do a 45% water change every week with a siphon, there is two rock decorations in the tank, with driftwood, and lots of plants. {about seven}

We use Prime, and some plant fertilizer in the tank.

The Cory get feed three times a week, wafers, the Pleco about two because it has algae already, and the betta about 2 times a day.

Did the water Yesterday.
Ph was 7.6
High PH 7.5
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Ammonia 0.24

From what I know {which isn't much} That is normal

The other fish are fine, nothing seems to be wrong with them.

I just want to know, if just chilling at the bottom of the tank is considered normal for Albino Cory.
We fed him last night and he ate a lot.

I might just be over anxious, like I am with all my animals.

:3 Thanks for the feed back ahead of time.

ps. I'm thinking about getting one more Albino Cory because I heard they prefer three. What do you think?
Thanks again!

Hi, welcome to the forum. I was wondering how long the tank has been set up as the ammonia would normally be 0 and nitrate would be some reading above 0.

Do both fish look the same? No redness on the one sitting around?

The ammonia is a little high, not drastic but suggests the tank bacteria are not quite handling the load.

Also just as a note, the bn catfish imo will unfortunately outgrow the tank, particularly if a male. My males are I'd say 3 or 4 inches and females 2 or 3 inches.

That's what I thought about the Ammonia. The tank has been set up for about three months now, originally started off with just my Betta.

They have some Redness around there side, but being Albino I figured it was the coloring of them, seeing as I got them with redness on them.

{Again the continuations they were in at Petco was horrible. There was some that were BLEEDING}

Ah Yes, she is about 2 inches now, and is more active then the rest of the bunch.
{Pretty sure it's a girl, because she doesn't have a lot of bristles on her nose.}

1STYgjZ.jpg

This is the one who isn't as energetic.
But he is moving around quite a bit now, not as much as the other, but a lot more then usual, even left the bottom of the tank, and is playing with the glass.

+1 can't see anything too worry about, mine use to look like that.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Thank you both very much for you help!

I do have one more question.
Do you think I should get them another friend?

I was thinking one more, maybe two.
I know they like to be together, but I feel like four would over crowd everything. So I think maybe just one.

Removing the BN isn't a option.
The tank is brand new, and I'm not getting another one right now.
She is also still juvenile, and seems to love the tank she is in now.

I'll just keep the two cory for now.

Back
Top Bottom