Albino Corydoras...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicho

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I guess i'm a bad fishkeeper, but I was moving tanks soon and I'm wondering if Albino Cories can be kept as a pair. I have two in my 11g, and im building a 22g tall(ish) very soon. People say that they get lethargic and shy and all that if not in a school... But mine are RIDICULOUSLY active. Always searching the bottom after I feed and when it's clear they spend the day shooting up to the surface and gliding back down, swimming to and fro together and just enjoying the tank.

If they show no signs of distress or unhealthiness AT ALL, can I just keep those two in the 22g?

Remember, perfect health, barbels, fins smooth edged and activity and diet and everything. :)

It's all about quality of life, so I'd say, given your experience and obvious knowledge of your pair, that you can keep them as they are.

Your Corydoras

I guess i'm a bad fishkeeper, but I was moving tanks soon and I'm wondering if Albino Cories can be kept as a pair. I have two in my 11g, and im building a 22g tall(ish) very soon. People say that they get lethargic and shy and all that if not in a school... But mine are RIDICULOUSLY active. Always searching the bottom after I feed and when it's clear they spend the day shooting up to the surface and gliding back down, swimming to and fro together and just enjoying the tank.

If they show no signs of distress or unhealthiness AT ALL, can I just keep those two in the 22g?

Remember, perfect health and barbels and activity and diet and everything. :)

Hello Nicho...

Corys are best kept in a group of five or more. Typically, you stock one per five gallons of tank volume, so a small tank can't support very many. If your fish appear healthy, then don't fret over the number. I have a small 30 G that's been running for two or three years with a pair of Albinos and they're fine.

Just keep the tank water very clean, by doing large, weekly water changes and your fish will be healthy.

B

Back
Top Bottom