Algae Removal Solution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvijay07

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone used these ? How efficient are they ? How much is needed ? Do you feel that these are expensive ? Thanks.

Vijay

i think they should be avoided unless absolutly nessesary.
try using some algae eating fish, and changing your lighting habits before using chem's.
there's a lot of good algae removing info on this site/forum that doesn't require the use of thems : )

I completely agree with Spy-90. Once you start adding things to your water then it is difficult to keep them stable. Stability is important, in my experience. There are many articles on the web and threads here about algae control, as hardly anyone's tank is immune!

I would just say that a manual tank cleaning every so often is the best way to go. If you are talking about Betta tanks then they certainly aren't too large. I don't remember ever even having algae problems on my betta tank when it was a 1 gallon or smaller. Limited feeding is the best best and reduced lighting unless you have real plants.

Yes, I am talking about Betta Tanks. I have a very well planted Betta 2G tank that has a good chance of green Algae infection. Are there any links/sites in regards to algae control ? Thanks.

Vijay

Back
Top Bottom