Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chemiclean is completely reef safe when used correctly, there are many people on here , myself included that have used it in fully stocked reef tanks with no ill effects. If you don't want to use chemiclean that's fine but saying its a dangerous chemical that isn't reef safe is false, and implying that it doesn't work is false as well.

Saratj1 said:
Chemiclean is completely reef safe when used correctly, there are many people on here , myself included that have used it in fully stocked reef tanks with no ill effects. If you don't want to use chemiclean that's fine but saying its a dangerous chemical that isn't reef safe is false, and implying that it doesn't work is false as well.

And you know this how? By what you see? Ive seen first hand the aftermath of correct chemiclean use, both good and bad. It is not a safe product and you are unaware of the damage you are doing. A 20% water change of water would not be necessary with a reef safe product. That alone means "poison". And no it does not work at solving a nutrient problem. Its an easy cleanup for reefers who where probably slacking on maintenance to begin with but in no way fixes the problem.

Facts:
1. Chemiclean is a chemical
2. Chemiclean will not solve nutrient problem
3. Very easy to overdose
4. Depletes oxygen rapidly from 320 ORP to 80 in minutes.
5. Can kill fish
6. No ingredient list and if you call the company they will not give you one single ingredient.
7. You have no idea period of what you are doing to your tank.

If thats fine for your tank ok. But it wont touch mine. And all that for something as simple as cyano that can easily be taken care of by controlling nutrients properly.

Ok, those are all just your opinions, show me facts. The only thing you said that is true regarding this product is that it doesn't help with the nutrient problem, it's an antibiotic, which is a poison for Cyanobacteria, and an effective one. It sounds like you've experienced an overdose. I'm not arguing with you about this anymore. I can agree to disagree, but your attitude regarding this is rude, disrespectful and narrow minded, which is the problem with these web forums in general, a vocal few spouting misinformation, or making freak occurrences sound like the rule. I'm just sharing my knowledge and experience not trying to bash people's views and opinions. Just search this forum for chemiclean, you'll read hundreds of positive posts of people reccomending it and people using it. I have yet to read one where it killed the tank. I'm sure you can dig something negative about it up. I don't care. Everything you add to your tank is a calculated risk, the food the water , salt, anything is a possible contaminate " or poison " as you put it, usually the difference usually between poison and cure is the dose. Like I said I'm done.

Im sorry but the facts i listed are facts. Not sure why your getting agitated. This is a forum, if you do not want to discuss things then dont.

Is it bad advice to tell someone not to use chemiclean? No, and if you think it is then your not in a position to know what your talking about.

Although I do appreciate the advice. Always! I do understand everyone does what they know. I however have chosen the all natural path. If it does not come in the wild, then I don't want it in my tank. One could make the argument that reef crystals an such are hypocritical to this statement. I know that what you put in, you must take out.

I chose water changes and purchase some cheato for my mini fuge. I chose every other day feeding, as well as a better light schedule (I know it's a bacteria, but this will help with the hairline too). As the OP, I appreciate all the advice and I am already seeing improvement. No more hairline and very little redslime algae. Working with the sand bed to clean it up.

Back
Top Bottom