Algea eater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chenay83

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was doing my water changes today and noticed that one of my algea eaters is swollen. It wasn't like that 3 days ago when I did my last water change. It moves and acts the same, it just looks like it had a really big meal. Should put her in a sick tank?

Heres the best pic I could get.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120130_121742.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120130_121742.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 60
No need to bump.
What are your parameters?
Feeding schedule?
What do you feed it?
How long has it been like this?
Have you tried fasting the whole tank for a few days?
Is it pooping?
What kind of fish exactly? It's hard to tell from the pictures.
What other fish do you have?

my advice yes i would just in case i raise these things so i know keep a close eye on it it might just be cuz there is alot of algie in the tank so it keeps eating clean the sides useing a magnet cleaner that you can find at any fish or pet store if no change in eater put it in different tank keep close watch on it. also watch and see if shes or he is getting bigger if she is shes probably pregnent

Do they have live births? I thought they spawned. My water is good, I don't really feed it, there are two blue rams and two cories in the tank.

Chenay83 said:
Do they have live births? I thought they spawned. My water is good, I don't really feed it, there are two blue rams and two cories in the tank.

No they dont. Can you please provide the numbers and the answers to all the questions. The more Info you provide the better we can help.
Bloating can indicate many things. Constipation, internal bacterial infection, parasites or a tumor.

Last edited:
I'll run the tests again in the morning so I can give exact numbers. The aquarium is in my kids' room and I don't want them waking up and thinking I've lost my mind.

Back
Top Bottom