Algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think what need to do is...

Take water readings, start water changes and then answer some questions.

How long between water changes? Is your tank near a window getting sunlight? Are you over feeding?

Algae is caused my excessive nutrients so you need to figure out why this is happening. Also what is your flow like?

Tell us a little about your tank, size, stock, equipment your using... Etc etc etc...

looks like Cyanobacteria, I'd increase water changes and look at cutting back sources of excess nutrients in your water

What are you using to remove nitrates? Water changes will only take care of a insignificantly small percentage of waste (in the 10-20% range). You need something more useful to to get rid of nitrate and phosphates. Reactors work and cheato will actually get rid of ALL your excess nutrients.

With that much you may want to consider a Sea Hare, it will eat it pretty quick but you will have to return the sea hare to the store when the algae is gone or it will starve. Also the sea hare or crabs will only cure the visual/cosmetic issues, you will need to take care of the issue that is creating the problem. Dr Tim's Waste Away works really good from what I have heard.

Back
Top Bottom