All my fish have gone mad...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbhardy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my wife called me at work yesterday said my clownfish was swimming funny. When I got home my green bubble anemone had ate him. By morning I looked in the tank and the anemone had my flame angel in its mouth and tonight my yellow tang. My fish have gone suicidal on me. Also have a royal gramma missing but I think my lunar wrasse ate him. Lunars belly looked suspiciously full tonight. Either my Anemone is now a hunter or my fish are suicidal. Any advice?

Advice...get rid of that anenome!!! I have never heard of that happening to so many fish..

In less than two days. Insane. On the upside the anemone is well fed. On the down side I can't pull it out without messing up all my rock work. It made home inside a cave and I'd have to pull a pretty large rock from my tank to remove it.

Jbhardy said:
In less than two days. Insane. On the upside the anemone is well fed. On the down side I can't pull it out without messing up all my rock work. It made home inside a cave and I'd have to pull a pretty large rock from my tank to remove it.

Sorry, it sounds like you will have too! Lol, you are a total optimist.

Where did you buy that anemone? The Little Fish Shop of Horrors?!!! You're name isn't Seymour by chance is it? Lol

All I know is if my bta ate that many fish, and I couldn't get it out, its next meal might be a syringe of kalkwasser paste. Do u have a pic of the killer nem?

I'll take a pic and post it but I still haven't gotten it out. I don't want to move the rock out I'm afraid it will mess with my water quality. It's probably a 30+lb rock. Then bubble made home in a nice cave which is sweet cause all you can see are the tentacles and not the base but sucks cause I can't remove it. Lol. Still debating.

Put somthing over it. That will restrict the light to the nem and it will have to move.

I turned the lights off on its side of the tank yesterday hoping that would work. We will see how long it can suffer

Will do thanks for the ideas. I will also try to post a pic I found one on my phone from before it ate my clown but I cannot get it to upload keeps sayin "[error: session timed out.]" whatever. I'll post it later.

Worked. Sort of. If the desired result was for the anemone to move then it worked. However it moved to the bottom center behind everything and attached to the bottom of the lowest rock. I just finished pulling all of my rock out. Re-stacked it and did a 40% WC. Took me a while but I got it back almost the same. Headed to trade it for a smaller one and buy me a new clown. Took 4 hours this morning.

Jbhardy said:
Worked. Sort of. If the desired result was for the anemone to move then it worked. However it moved to the bottom center behind everything and attached to the bottom of the lowest rock. I just finished pulling all of my rock out. Re-stacked it and did a 40% WC. Took me a while but I got it back almost the same. Headed to trade it for a smaller one and buy me a new clown. Took 4 hours this morning.

Also added a pick of the killer anemone and a befor and after removal pick.

Back
Top Bottom