Alveopora Coral. In Trouble?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ace1uno_00

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think My Alveopora died. It looks like just the skeleton. all The little flowers have gone back inside and wont come out.

i had it placed in a moderate flow area of the tank but since it started to not open up as much i placed it in a low flow area. It hasnt opened up in 8 days. I'm kinda worried.

I checked all my levels and everything is fine. I did have problem with my tank temp getting too high. But thats fixed now.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Alveopora, like Goniopora, has a horrible reputation of survivability in the aquarium. A pic would help decipher if the coral is no more than skeleton, but aquarists in general have success when nutrient levels are high. How high did the tank temp reach and how quickly?

Agreed. Usually they can last 6 months and perish. It is rare for people to have them live oast 5 years. A guy in my reef club has had one for years and that is very rare and I would not cal lhim your average reefer.

Some believe that we can not properly feed one and they eventually starve.

sorry for posting in wrong forum. =)

Well i had a friend come by and take a look at it and it definitely died. My tank temp reached 87 in i guess 3 hours. Everything else is fine.
I am now having a problem with an Anchor coral that will not open back up.

One of the main things about temp is stability. The temp needs to be stable and not bouncing around. That is most likely the problem your anchor is going through. Pretty rapid jump in 3 hrs will do it.

Back
Top Bottom