Am i crazy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rlavassor86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I just successfully brought one of my platy back from what looked like columnaris. Anyways that leads me to the accusation my wife made lol. So apparently spending 25 bucks on a box of meds to cure a fish that only costs a dollar is irrational. Idk to me it's not the money that matters. I made a commitment to my fish and that's just part of it so I think I'm perfectly rational.

You are not crazy - having a pet IS a commitment (if you rescued a puppy for "free" would you not pay for its care....?) The price of the creature is not the issue - it is an issue of responsible pet ownership, and I commend you! :)

You are not crazy - having a pet IS a commitment (if you rescued a puppy for "free" would you not pay for its care....?) The price of the creature is not the issue - it is an issue of responsible pet ownership, and I commend you! :)

I agree the op isn't crazy

See, and that's how I tried explaining it to my wife, but I think the concept escapes her. She doesn't think of my fish as pets though, she just simply tolerates them and occasionally will sit and admire them with me. I've tried to get her interested in the hobby to no avail. At least I'm not the only one that would have done everything possible to get a fish healthy again lol.

I recently beat a breakout of ich in my tank, I caught it early when it was on just one fish, which was the only one to succumb to the ich, but when I first broke the news to my dad that I'd need to go to the LFS to pick up a couple things (heater, and sand for a quarantine tank for my inverts) he was just like "WHAT? FLUSH IT AND BE DONE WITH IT!"

So I'm with you one this topic.

You're not crazy. I'm sure your wife spends money on things that you might not understand. But it's important to her. If you can think of one of those things, it may put it in perspective for her.

Back
Top Bottom