An Interesting Combo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolffish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok i have 6 neons, 1 cory cat, and 3 white clouds. I am getting a 30 gal tank and i want to put a new breed of fish in. I was considering sun-burst platys. I also thought of getting live plants including moss balls. So will they all go well together in the tank or not?
If not what breed of fish would go nicely in their?

Platy's are a peaceful community fish, there really shouldn't be any problems with them. I think it's best if you keep them in a ratio of one male to three females though. Just because the male will harass the females. Basically, the more in there the more spread out it will be. Or you could just forgo the male platy altogether. I'm not sure of the temperature range of the whiteclouds but I do believe they are a cold water fish.

Platy's are a peaceful community fish, there really shouldn't be any problems with them. I think it's best if you keep them in a ratio of one male to three females though. Just because the male will harass the females. Basically, the more in there the more spread out it will be. Or you could just forgo the male platy altogether. I'm not sure of the temperature range of the whiteclouds but I do believe they are a cold water fish.

Unless you want loads of platy fry running about all over your tank and the possibility of becoming overrun it would be a good idea to stick with just males.

Temperature range or white clouds is anything between 7-21 degrees C (45-70 degrees F) so they can be kept in either cold water or tropical setups =D

Thank you and no i dont mind platy fry all over the place. So i think i will get them. This site is the best!

You should add a few for cories! They neeeed to have the same species around them, once you add a few more, you'll see how cute and interactive they get when they school..
I suggest to add a few of those too! You'll be satisfied....:)

Thank you and yes i think i will get some more cories.

3-4 platies and 2-5 more corys would be good. Marimo balls actually need to roll around in the current a little. If you don't have enough current, you'll have to roll them every once in a while.

Thank you i will definetly get more of the same types of fish.

Back
Top Bottom