anemone poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jerm0007

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was hoping to clear something up. When an anemone expels waste does it look like little brown balls ? I have been told that this is waste, but I have also been told that the little brown balls are zooanthellae. But i have also been told that the zooanthellae would look more like a brown cloud when being expelled. Does anyone know for sure if these little brown nuggets are waste/ poop or zooanthellae ?

Thank you gentlemen ! Quick follow up... if he is expelling waste is that a good sign that he may have actually eaten some of the brine shrimp I fed him ?

I meant mysis shrimp. I squirted some mysis shrimp on his around 5 pm and at 8 pm is when I saw the brown poop balls.

Yeah they will eat anything meaty that fits in their mouth! Sounds like a pretty quick turn around but he might of had something else in hi that needed out once he filled up again!

The guy at the LFS is trying to tell me its the Zooxanthellae so I am trying to sort it out. Thank you everyone for you're input. I think I'll believe you guys over him any day.. lol

Do not feed it too often. It needs LIGHT, and an occasional meal which it will probably get when you feed the tank.

Back
Top Bottom