Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Schgred

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm wondering if the way in which anemones open up says anything about their health. I have had this bubble tip (I believe it is bubble tip right?) for about a month now and it hasn't moved much at all. It seems very happy and healthy. I figure this may not indicate anything at all but you can see the difference in the two pictures in the way in which it is wide open in one pic and somewhat small and closed. It opens up more as it gets more and more light. If it is wide open does that mean it isn't getting enough or that it is perfectly happy and basking in the light? I'm assuming it is happy. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image-1300718433.jpg
    image-1300718433.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 115
  • image-2733350826.jpg
    image-2733350826.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 133
Kind of looks like a condy anemone. It was not extreamly closed up in the first picture. A crab or snail may of accidentally bumped it. My anemone does that all of the Time:)!!!

Actually it does look like a bubble:) lol srry:)

No it wasn't extremely closed up. I guess I am just trying to understand why they go from smaller to wide open like that. I know with coral, when they are wide open or extended that is a good thing. Is it looking for more light or is it saying that it is getting what it needs?

it is a bubble, but if it keeps moving then something in your tank is not right, water quality, flow, parameters, and lighting. What kind of water, lighting, how long tank was set up ect.

it is a bubble, but if it keeps moving then something in your tank is not right, water quality, flow, parameters, and lighting. What kind of water, lighting, how long tank was set up ect.

No it hasn't moved at all. Maybe 2 inches total in a month.

No it wasn't extremely closed up. I guess I am just trying to understand why they go from smaller to wide open like that. I know with coral, when they are wide open or extended that is a good thing. Is it looking for more light or is it saying that it is getting what it needs?

Anemone dont have a brain. They only react. I've had them close up just because and come back out again. It just happens.

My rbta freakin moved yesterday on me.. And it had to choose the worst spot........ Hope it's back on the rocks today when I get home

image-1376802406.jpg

Back
Top Bottom