Anemone's, How Many ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are my Dimensions 36"w 24"H & 19"w,
maybe its a 50 gallon Tank ?

Look bro.. stop looking on ebay because a lot of their cheap fixtures of Oddysea.. and those are the ones the were known to start fires. They've stepped up their game since.. and use electronic ballasts instead of magnetic ones which were the main cause of the fires. Still.. i don't trust them.

This site has ridiculously cheap metal halides, which i bought from, and i haven't heard a single complaint about these people. Everyone says their lights are quality and they last a heck of a long time. Only thing that i've heard recently.. is that the ballasts last maybe a year, year and a half. But that's still a good amount of time considering you get the light fixture.. bulb, and ballasts all for 150$. These people are NOT Oddysea. These guys make excellent quality lights.

Metal Halide

i think a better statement would be to not buy an oddysea fixtures, rather then dont buy on ebay. there are a couple really good brands on ebay for really good prices. althou the new oddysea lights dont have the fire problem they are still poor quality.

althou looking on ebay now the t5's i see in 36" arent going to do it. they are mostly 2 bulb aor 4 buld fixtures and you need a 6 or an 8 buld

Yeah i agree. Ebay is fine.. but it still has a lot of people trying to sell used items or cheap fixtures. And if he was going to go with MH's.. which i would recommend, especially since his tank is 2ft deep.. the site i gave has great pendants for great prices. Can't beat it.

i agree. 24 inch tank is pretty deep special for that size. MH is the way to go.

when i look at lighting on ebay i find the ebay store and do a google search on the store name and read reviews and find out if its a rebranded name.

Back
Top Bottom