Angel cant close his mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
steez said:
Sorry to hear about your fish :(

Yeah it's unfortunate, kind of expected tho :( just debating if I should get another angel or not now, knowing my luck the new one wouldn't get on with the one I have.lol

tarpon said:
Make sure theyre similar size.
Id say go for it

Yeah if I do get another that was what I was going to do, hopefully then the angels will be used to being around my other fish by the time there adults. Thanks (y)

And actually i think youd be better with just 1 since its only a 40 gallon. You already have so many other fish that share the same water level. And if one of your angels is female shell lay eggs and your fish are likely to get killed because its so crowded

tarpon said:
And actually i think youd be better with just 1 since its only a 40 gallon. You already have so many other fish that share the same water level. And if one of your angels is female shell lay eggs and your fish are likely to get killed because its so crowded

I don't know if You've seen my tank, it's not a normal 40g even with that many fish it still looks quite empty, it's 4ft long, I'll try get a pic. I think there's a video on another thread I started. But saying that I'm still not sure if I'll get another one lol.

tarpon said:
Oh woahhh cool.
Whats the height?

I'd say that's the only downside to my tank it's only 15". I'm pushing it a little with the angel but as he's still a baby he should be ok til I upgrade. :)

Not sure if u seen the pic but here's one :)

Attachments

• image-3178898584.jpg
    image-3178898584.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 52
Gorgeous tank! I'd go for it too. Don't give up. I bought an angel that was really young and it didn't make it. I bought 2 somewhat larger young ones and they have already outlived my 1st one. I talked with the lfs owner and she said that the younger angels don't do well??? Anyway, she said healthy ones were hard to find. I love them so I'm hoping these guys make it.

I'm a little concerned about the ph of the tank they're in. If anyone reading this knows, how long does it take to tell if your fish are being affected by high ph?

Reygan2 said:
Gorgeous tank! I'd go for it too. Don't give up. I bought an angel that was really young and it didn't make it. I bought 2 somewhat larger young ones and they have already outlived my 1st one. I talked with the lfs owner and she said that the younger angels don't do well??? Anyway, she said healthy ones were hard to find. I love them so I'm hoping these guys make it.

I'm a little concerned about the ph of the tank they're in. If anyone reading this knows, how long does it take to tell if your fish are being affected by high ph?

Thank you (y) yeah I'll try not to give up lol. Hope yours make it :) :fish2:

Woahh thats so cool. I wish i had a 4ft 40 gallon.
And your fish can adjust to the ph.
Id drip acclimate new fish just in case theres a big difference between the stores ph and your tanks

Back
Top Bottom