Angel Fish Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DirtyPanda

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there, just joined the forum after searching the web everywhere for answers and I just have a couple questions of my own.

My current set up is a 55 with a homemade filter (Previous owner Made It)
The filter is a small section of the tank with a fine filter on the top, sponge right under, a whole bunch of bio-balls under it, and a pump.
6 Koi Angels
2 Silver Black Striped Angels
2 Marbled Angels
2 Kissing Gouramis
1 Marbled Pleco
Planted and Natural Rock Tank; Sand Substrate

All the local breeders say my set up is great and that they'll all grow full size comfortably, but people all over the web suggest otherwise...

They all seem healthy and my koi angels are already developing yellow and orange and there only a few months old probably

Is this tank overstocked?

Hi there, just joined the forum after searching the web everywhere for answers and I just have a couple questions of my own.

My current set up is a 55 with a homemade filter (Previous owner Made It)
The filter is a small section of the tank with a fine filter on the top, sponge right under, a whole bunch of bio-balls under it, and a pump.
6 Koi Angels
2 Silver Black Striped Angels
2 Marbled Angels
2 Kissing Gouramis
1 Marbled Pleco
Planted and Natural Rock Tank; Sand Substrate

All the local breeders say my set up is great and that they'll all grow full size comfortably, but people all over the web suggest otherwise...

They all seem healthy and my koi angels are already developing yellow and orange and there only a few months old probably

Is this tank overstocked?
Welcome to the site! There are quite a few angel lovers here, myself included.
So, fishkeeping yields multiple opinions about things like tank size and overstocking. IMO, yes you are overstocked. I know conflicting opinions are frustrating though. From what I have seen of angels, they often get rather nasty and territorial when they pair up. You have a fair few of them, so you are likely to get pairs and then have issues IMO.
They sounds like they are still pretty young though. You have some time to see who all gets along with who and then see for yourself. Good to know they are coloring up.
Also, kissers reach a foot, so IMO they would do better in a bigger tank. But thats another things that not everybody agrees about. JMO.

Thanks for the quick reply, glad to talk to be able to ask people with experience
Would I be able to put the kissers in a pond? I live in Hawaii so the temperature for waters always between 77-80ish Temperature and doesn't change too drastically

I know people with angels thriving in their ponds here...

IMO, I would think kissers in a pond would be fine. :) You can wait for some other opinions though. I have owned them before, so somebody who has owned them would might have a different idea. I have seen them full-sized though and they do get pretty big so I think they would be fine in a pond in Hawaii. Heck, I would be fine in a pond in Hawaii too! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom