Angel tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mpatz9697

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,
I have a new 29 gallon biocube that I'm cycling and I'm not sure what to stock it with.
I know I want at least one angel, being that the tank isn't massive I probably will only go with one, but I'm not sure what else to put with it.
I was thinking bloodfin or glowlight tetras (or some other larger tetra)and possibly a blue dwarf gourami or two.
Does anyone have any ideas?

tankmates

I tried the Angel with The Gourami and did not work. depends on the temperament of the fish, but in my case one was agressive and was always fighting the Angel. So I returned the Gourami.
If the Angel is small the tetras will be good, and maybe when the Angel grow up is not going to eat them.

IMO

You could try 1 angel, 6 Black neon tetra (More of a bulkier tetra and can reach up to 2-2.5 inches) and a Single dwarf gourami.

I have a DG with my angel And they do fine together, Yeah, They may get in a bicker, But nothing that I had to seperate them

Tyler

I agree with the above answerers. If I were you, I'd get a small Angel and a school of Black Neons. While the two are young, the Angel will be too small to eat the Black Neons. Once the Angel grows up and gets bigger, so will the Black Neons, reaching a max length of 2.5 ~ therefore having less of a chance of becoming a snack.

Also, you can always try the Dwarf Gourami. You can always return it (within the date policy of your store) if things don't work out.

Good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom