Angelfish changing color?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got an angelfish last night to go with my other angelfish and the one I already had was beating up on him and he lost all of his color ( he's silver with black stripes ) when ever the first angel got close though his stripes became very dark but then she would swim away and he would lose his stripes again I moved the first angel to a 10 gal for a few days because she was beating up on him too much. But I can still watch him change color is that normal when they get too stressed?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

This is him without strips
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424451418.895662.jpg
This is him with strips
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424451455.686931.jpg
This is the same fish lol.

That's mostly normal. Mine always did that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Great ? I was really worried because I've never have a fish change color and I really like him.

Well I just realized that the tank he came from was bare except for a sponge filter and all but the front of the tank was painted blue and it had kinda dim lights so he went from that tank to my slightly smaller decorated tank with kinda bright lights and a lager angel. So I turned off the lights and the larger angel is in a different tank so she can't bother him and he now seems happier because he's swimming around exploring and showing his stripes ?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424462324.081648.jpg
He's sooo pretty.

Back
Top Bottom