Angelfish Eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
My angelfish ahev recently laid eggs and today I have noticed that they seem to have little tails that are moving on top of them. Are they hatching? Also can someone give me tips on raising the fry what tp feed? etc.

You offically have wigglers! Are they in a community tank or in their own breeding tank?

Here's a quickie rundown article to look at but there is tons of articles and video's on you tube to watch. But will tell you if they are in a community tank once the fry hatch they will most likely be eaten.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/breeding/angelfish.php

Last edited:
Rivercats said:
You offically have wigglers! Are they in a community tank or in their own breeding tank?

Here's a quickie rundown article to look at but there is tons of articles and video's on you tube to watch. But will tell you if they are in a community tank once the fry hatch they will most likely be eaten.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/breeding/angelfish.php

They have their own 29 gallon planted tank. The adults will remain in the tank at all times however.

There is commercial fry food you can buy (can't think of the names off the top of my head) or you can grind flake food up into almost a powder and feed that.

Thanks here are some pics of the parents and the eggs. The orange and white angel is the male and the black one is the female.

image-763007969.jpg

image-1645112810.jpg

image-2590824216.jpg

What colours do you think the fry will be.

I'm terrible with angelfish genetics but you can find alot of info about it on google. Plus you don't know what gene's your fish are carrying so there are alot of factors that can determine what colors the fry can be.

They are now free swimming. I have fed them but they don't seem to be eating. What should I do?

What did you feed them? I have had success with first bites from petco/petsmart in a bind. Usually live baby brine shrimp is best but hard to do.

Chris7495 said:
What did you feed them? I have had success with first bites from petco/petsmart in a bind. Usually live baby brine shrimp is best but hard to do.

I fed them crushed omega one flakes I would like to get first bites but my closest lfs is an hour and a half away and it's snowing non stop here and the visibility is supposed to get close to zero as the winds shift later today so that's out of the question.

My babies are now just on the sand what's wrong there are not nearly as active as yesterday I still haven't seen them eat.

Go to petsmart and buy some First bites. It is made for fry to eat. I used this on mine and they grew very fast.

Sadly all the babies died. However they have laid eggs again I and have been able to get a hold of bbs eggs. When should I begin the hatching process of the bbs. The angels laid the eggs yesterday.

3 days after they hatch you can start feeding the bbs. use a tube or a turkey baster to get them close to the fry

start making the shrimp the night before before the third day. next morning feed them

Okay thanks. I will let you guys know what's going on. As of now the eggs are all over the tank. This happened last time and the parents just picked them up and placed them on a leaf again. We will see what happens tomorrow.

That would be an option I guess. It's just weird that the first time they had the eggs they took care of them. Placing hem carefully on the leaf and protecting the fry. Making sure that they stayed in the same corner at all times. I think I will let them try to raise the fry alone one more time. If they eat them again I will remove the eggs.

Thanks ?

Back
Top Bottom