Angelfish sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Simon_DG

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,

I just noticed some bumps on my angelfish and i am wondering if he is sick or whats on his body? He is the only fish that has this

IMG_1850.jpg IMG_1851.jpgIMG_1852.jpg

Pretty hard for me to see on phone. One to cross off is not just damage on fin rays? If they get bent or something, can get a lump which is no problem.

I was.originally going to say Ick but when I enlarge it on my phone it looks a little fuzzy so might be fungus

Could be a cyst or tumor developing. Like earhtmother said, if it's fuzzy it's fungus.

I do think its fuzzy but i do have the product fungicell from HS aqua but i do not have a quarantine tank so i can only cure him in the main tank. But i have schrimp and lots of plants and i thing the medicine i harmfull for plants ??

I've never used that specific med so I'm not sure what it will do to your plants or shrimp. You also may have to remove any carbon if you run it in your filter media.

If possible for you, it maybe worth getting a 10 gallon tank with air stones or a cheap hob and a heater to put him in for treatment. It doesn't have to be cycled. Keep it bare bottom, feed every other day and test the water daily. Prepare yourself for frequent water changes and med dosing.

Does it say what ingredients are? Or anything on instructions for shrimp, snails, etc?

Mostly I’ve found plants are ok for several doses or might die off / come back. Repeated dosing I just get melt and they don’t recover.

When i get home from work ill post a pic of the ingredients

Back
Top Bottom