angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this for the 30G?

If so, anything that won't fit in their mouths:

cory cats
various smaller loaches (zebras, chain, dojos, kuhli etc)
larger tetra (orange von rios, the skirt tetras etc) although mine don't mess with any of my neons, folks don't suggest housing them together *shrugs*

It also depends on their attitude.

I have mine in a 115 so my stocking is neons, Australian rainbows, Madagascar rainbows, dojo and zebra loaches, rasboras, albino bristlenose pleco

Angelfish get very large. A 46 bowfront would be the absolute minimum I would think.

I'm sorry but angelfish really don't belong in a 30. If you really can't do without I would recommend no more than 1

They'll be fine for a little bit. That's the very minimum. You'll need to upgrade your tank size soon if you plan to keep them.

Yep. Like other have said, only 1 in a 30g. They will grow to a certain length and then become stunted because they don't have enough room.

Ever since I've gotten my tank I've never left it sitting there angel-less.
Over the course of my fish experience I've had....let me see here.......

Green spotted pufferfish (they are thriving in freshwater *shrug* - although I wouldn't recommend it)
Khuli loaches
Mollies
Platys
Other angels
Guppies
Red tailed shark
Silver tipped shark (Brackish and unable to convert)
Ghost shrimp (but became snacks once they grew bigger)
Mystery snails
Oscars
Kissing Gouramis
Dwarf Gouramis
Red eye tetras
Black skirt tetras
X-ray tetras
Albino Cory cats
Common plecos (rehomed do to minimal tank size and crap load of poop)
Swordtails
Female betas
Fiddler crabs (lived awhile but brackish)
Ghost glass catfish

And never had aggression. Had 8 angels that have actually thrived in my tank. (Others were babies that we're dying of unknown causes - turned out to be too powerful of a filter intake)
6 angels currently - all silver dollar sized - one softball sized
And they're getting along with everyone fine.
Of course, I currently don't have ALL of those fish anymore. Lol
I have a 55 gallon tank.

Angels do best in large tanks. I now have 9 very large ones in my 220g 100% down from 12. I have used 20-30g tanks as grow out tanks but once the angels bodies reach quarter size they get upgraded. I've had the best results in long term angel keeping of no more than 3, usually 1 male and 2 females (yes some angels have multiple females, I have one trio in the 220g) in a 55g. When kept in larger tanks angels do best with a minimum of 6 or more as this tends to keep aggression spread out with no one individual being solely picked on.

Back
Top Bottom