Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenn89

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought a fish tank of 25 gallons and 2 angelfish - what kind of fish can live with them!! help please ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a fish tank of 25 gallons and 2 angelfish -what kind of fish can live with them!! help please ...

Angelfish get pretty large. I have a pair of them in a 29 gallon they have been there for almost a year, I got them very small..they are 4 inches tall, 3 inches long now. Imo if anything a small pleco that you can re-home after he outgrows the tank ��

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a pleco and a few small schooling fish but your tank is a bit small.

Get a Pleco which stays small, like a Bristlenose, Clown or Pitbull Pleco. Then you do not need to worry about it getting too large. The tank is a little small for a display tank with Angels, my angels get around the size of a ~ average womans hand. They are really good swimmers, and though they do fit into a tank of that size a larger one is better for such a large fish for swimming.

You could do 6-8 Neons there are Green and Gold and Diamond Neons, or Glowlight (they aren't Glofish) Tetra. Get 2 extra Neons from how many you want to keep as it seems there is always one or so that dies. Only buy active healthy looking ones.

Or a really fun fish is the Neon Green Rasbora, aka Green Kuboti or Kubotai Rasbora, 6-8.

I would NOT add neons to an angelfish tank?
They are what angels eat and hunt in the wild from my understanding?
Once the angel has grown big enough ,what ever fits in its mouth will find its way there IMO...
Stock fish big enough to not be eaten..

Good point, yet I have only seen Neons bigger than my Angels mouths. Haven't ever seen the Angels even chase them, other than to get it away from eggs and they chase away all the fish.

Back
Top Bottom