Angels fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sammy81777

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought two large angles a week ago they where fine and in the last few days they have been fighting I made it divider is this going to work and how long will have to keep them separated any info would be helpful thank you1488496519673.jpg1488496527291.jpg1488496537145.jpg

Thanks for the video's they are definitely fighting not mating one got beat up pretty good but all in all is still pretty healthy

Mine fight all the time but is usually it seems like it's 5pm, time to test each other, it's 5.10pm, time to test each other, etc. It's serious but almost like a ritual as well on placement of bites. I've watched a few times where an 'attack' seemed to get broken off by one if the other one was distracted. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

Anyways they do hang out together but other times need plenty of space to escape. Andy would know more here. In my tank if one or a pair decide this is their spot for a few days then it seems like the territory is about a square foot.

I have 5 in 150gal and they are mostly pretty good. Don't bother other (large) fish (unless the Congo tetras are trying to drill through the glass) and put up with getting run over by every fish at feeding time (plus the loaches any other time of day).

One was getting pretty beat up looking I bought them from a guy who grew 6 of them together from very small

I couldn't keep 2 together in a 90 gallon but 6 get along well in a 150. Angels do best in small groups if you have adequate space.

108328-albums14642-picture70941.jpg
Just had to show off my Angels. They're still a bit small and apparently haven't reached puberty yet as they get along fine with no mating or fighting rituals yet. They're growing fast though!

108328-albums14642-picture70941.jpg

Mine just layer eggs I thought they where fighting it seems they still really don't care for each other though

I had this problem with mine until the problem Angel died. It's best if you can see if the store will let you exchange one out. You can try rearranging the tank to try to break up territories but nothing worked for me except splitting the tank up and separating them.

Back
Top Bottom