Angels fin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Feeding today I noticed me angels left fin was very almost chewed looking. He doesnt seem to be using it mich eother. Nothing picks on him so could ich be eating it? He doesn't look to have any white spots? Any tips?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1416446766001.jpg
    1416446766001.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 68
Another shot

Attachments

• 1416447410030.jpg
    1416447410030.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 63
This sounds like fin rot to me, but it could also be that he is getting nipped and you havent noticed or he injured himself. Id consider quarantining and examining properly to see what to do further with him beause fin rot can easily be the cause of a death if left untreated.

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

This sounds like fin rot to me, but it could also be that he is getting nipped and you havent noticed or he injured himself. Id consider quarantining and examining properly to see what to do further with him beause fin rot can easily be the cause of a death if left untreated.

55 Gallon- Empty
220 Gallon- To come...

I cant QT right now because the extra heater I bought is bad out of the box so it will be a few days before I can get a QT tank set up.

Is there plant/invert meds for fin rot? I can always get some and add it just in case. I have been putting in a seachem stress coat additive lateley, will that help at all by coincidence?

Before you start treating anything, does this fish still has fin rays or are they totally gone because if he doesnt have fin rays, this probably isnt fin rot. Stress coat might or might not help, but i dont see what it could do wrong in this case.

55 Gallon- Empty
220 Gallon- To come...

Before you start treating anything, does this fish still has fin rays or are they totally gone because if he doesnt have fin rays, this probably isnt fin rot. Stress coat might or might not help, but i dont see what it could do wrong in this case.

55 Gallon- Empty
220 Gallon- To come...

the lines in the fins? He has those

fins have fin rays and tissue between them, if he has fin rays(you can google images for more reference) its most likely fin rot.

55 Gallon- Empty
220 Gallon- To come...

fins have fin rays and tissue between them, if he has fin rays(you can google images for more reference) its most likely fin rot.

55 Gallon- Empty
220 Gallon- To come...

will putting some melafix in there help?

will putting some melafix in there help?

I really dont specialize in medication use in aquatic environments but this might cause unnecessary stress to all fish. Also knowing fin rot only attacks vulnerability's such as cut or hurt fish, i doubt any other fish will get it. I would qt him whenever you can . Also keep the water pristine.

55 Gallon- Empty
220 Gallon- To come...

55 Gallon- Empty
220 Gallon- To come...

Are you saying if he has fin rays with no tissue it's fin rot?
There Are no empty rays if that's so

Sent from my AOSP on Grouper using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are you saying if he has fin rays with no tissue it's fin rot?
There Are no empty rays if that's so

Like these betta fins is what im talking about :)

55 Gallon- Empty
220 Gallon- To come...

Attachments

• 1416789040196.jpg
    1416789040196.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 50
Like these betta fins is what im talking about :)

55 Gallon- Empty
220 Gallon- To come...

Looks no where near that bad

Well as fast as it came its gone???? Looked today and his fins look like new.
All I did was a TINY but of aquarium salt, kept water clean as usual and the seachem stress guard.
I have noticed all my live bearers flash at one point or another. But its from on to the other as odd as it sounds. So one seems to get irritated and it goes away then off to the next. I'll keep doing what I'm doing until its all stopped.
Thanks all

Back
Top Bottom