anglefish with popeye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
My anglefish started showing signs of Popeye on Sunday. On Monday I went to the lfs and they gave me some meds that they said would help (I think it is calles maycana) or something like that. Is that the best stuff I couldn't be using? I have been treating for the recommended 5 days. The fish eye seems to be getting worse! There are also zit like things around the eye (some of them have popped) as a side note 2 and a half weeks prior to the Popeye I was treating with seachem paragaurd for ick. Could this be the cause? The Popeye developed while I was treating with paraguard.

The meds are called maracyn

Here is a good read for you:
Flippersandfins.net Pop-eye article

Ich can open the flood gates (so to speak) for other disease. Fish are like humans in the sense that when they get sick they are more susceptible to secondary infections.

Should I start with a new medication or give the other meds some time?

What day of treatment with the maracyn are you on? I would follow the directions on the packaging and go from there. I've had pop eye go away on its own - without any meds. I think it really depends on what caused the pop eye to begin with - which can be hard to figure out.

Yesterday was my last day of treatment. I have never heard of the zit like things around the eye. Does that come with the Popeye?

Back
Top Bottom