Angler not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasonrusso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a wartskin angler last year (October) He was too small for my main 150 (lionfish, lol) so I had him in a 10 gallon until he got big enough. He was tiny, about 3/4." I started him on live brine shrimp, then small live gut loaded ghost shrimp, then selcon soaked frozen silverslides. He readily took the silverslides off of a feeding stick I made every 2 to 3 days. He had his lure going when I walked into the room.

He's about 2 1/2 inches now so I transferred him on Friday. I acclimated him for 90 minutes on a drip (and kept the temp constant). He seems pretty happy and swims around a lot. None of the other fish bother him. The problem is, he won't eat! I use the same stick with a silverslides and he blows it away and doesn't want it. I'm getting concerned because it's been nearly a week. Will he eat if he gets hungry enough? I'll just keep trying I guess. He seems healthy otherwise, no labored breathing and he's active. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409194330.961968.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409194344.751116.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

First off, beautiful fish. I love those guys. I think he may be getting adjusted to the new tank and will probably start eating again. Ive had fish not eat for 2 weeks after transfering them to my tank. Youd be surprised how long they can go without food. I hope he comes around and starts eating for you!

I actually broke down and got some live food for a little while until he gets settled. He's happily taking that. When that's gone I'll get him hungry again and try the skewer.

Well thats good, glad to hear it!

I'm a happy guy tonight! After 4 days of fasting he finally took a silverslide off the line. He was front and center in the tank and started flicking his lure when I walked into the room. I quickly defrosted a sliverslide and he took it right away. I'm really happy and I feel like he's going to make it now. :)

Back
Top Bottom